August, the month of sun, holidays, beaches, oceans, lakes, outdoor sports, and garden parties. Sharing a cold drink and some good food with your friends in the beergarden. It is, at least to me, the month of life, love, and happiness, when everything in life just seems this wee bit lighter and brighter. What a shame this wonderful month of August has already drawn to an end.
Besides all the fun and relaxation, various things in the world of finance, entrepreneurship, and investing have happened. From how millenials spend their money to people getting a second chance and entrepreneurs become wealthy in the process.
Even Apple had its fair share of news exposure due to its tax fallout with the EU. But to stay with the holiday theme: while average spending on holidays is almost £1,000, there are a number of great holiday alternatives that are cheaper.
So here are some of 10 news stories that stood out in the beautiful and sunny month of August 2016:
1. Ever wondered what others spend their money on? Here a brief overview of what Americans spend their money on.
2. This is a wonderful story coming out of Columbus, Ohio, about being successful and making money while giving people a second chance.
3. Four really interesting stories about millenials and their spending and earning habits.
4. The EU wants an additional $ 14.5 billion in taxes from Apple after the company paid less than 1% tax on its profits in recent years
5. A report by Sainsburys Bank found that the average spending on a summer holiday in 2016 is £974.
6. The twelve cheapest holiday destinations in 2016.
7. Really interesting advice on successful entrepreneurship, pitching your idea to angel investors, and gaining funding for your startup.
8. Not surprising, but those who are already rich are getting richer even faster.
9. And related: Asia is producing the fastest growing number of billionaires. Here a map of how your country fares.
10. Brexit offers potentially great investment opportunities for property investors in the UK.