The last month of the year. December 2016 is coming to an end and with it an eventful 2016. From Brexit to Donald Trump, from historic OPEC deals to interest rate hikes. December doesn't fall short of interesting, intriguing, and fun news. Warren Buffett's love for Coca Cola (amongst other things) in a new documentary, Millennials's take on car ownership, football players who earn more in a week than the average person in ten years, millennials start ups. Bitcoins as developmental aid.
The Dow Jones has hit new all-time highs and Scotland, the home of skyscanner, is one of the best places for entrepreneurs. And before we forget, Donald Trump is busy with other things, thus Arnold Schwarzenegger has now taken on his old role.
With no further ado, here some of the ten news stories the month of December has produced.
1. A bit of background on Warren Buffett and his new documentary. I knew Warren Buffett loved Coca Cola, yet never realized how big his stake is in the fizzy drinks company.
2. Millennials's take on car ownership. The interviewees' approach to car ownership fits so well with Captain Finance's personal take on automobiles. Buy new and keep it for a long time - not only will it work out better financially, but also only with time are most of us able to make the most of all the technology in our cars.
3. If you aren't happy with your current salary, how about a job in China?
4. A homage to Millennials and some of the newest start ups created by millennials.
5. Apparently a high percentage of millennials (92%) don't trust financial institutions. This article suggests that bitcoins might be one of the solutions.
6. These numbers are amazing. A staggering 14 billion dollars worth of bitcoins are in circulation with one bitcoin currently worth almost 900 Euros.
7. This is fantastic news: Bitcoins as an uncomplicated means to help those in developing countries.
8. The Dow Jones has reached historic highs. For the first time in its history, the Dow has reached almost 20,000 points.
9. I love Scotland, but little did I know that it now hosts one of the global start up centers. It turns out Edinburgh is one of the best places for start ups and home to skyscanner.
10. Arnold Schwarzenegger is the new Donald Trump and a female entrepreneur from London his new advisor on the Celebrity Apprentice?
This is the final monthly summary for the year 2016. I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.